Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Looooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg Exposures

Last night I had my second of four photography classes.  I wanted to change the location this time to the Newcastle Baths. I have wanted to shoot down here since I first got my camera.

To say I had a lot of fun was an understatement.  I don't think I stopped smiling the whole lesson.

We worked on long exposures this week - using filters. These photos were taken between 6:00pm and 7:00pm - when the sun was strong and hot.  I am hooked and going to have to get myself some filters.

All photos have been taken using my 18-55mm kit lens. 

iso100 f/22 10 secs.

  
 iso100 f/22 25secs

 iso100 f/22 25secs

iso100 f/22 25secs

Last post I said I would show you a before and after.  Here is a before... this was under-exposed. 


 After a play around in Lightroom - and this is the result.


OK, not the best photo as there is quite a bit of noise in the foreground - but not bad from what I started with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment