Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beginners Course

Ever since I bought my DSLR, I have been looking for a beginners photography course. I have seen quite a few, but I was put off by the size of the classes and by their websites - I know this sounds terrible, but if I dont like the pictures on their website, I am dubious as to what I can be taught by them.   On a recommendation I approached Mark from Tighes Hill Photography, what appealed to me about this course was that it was one-on-one spread over 4 weeks.

Tuesday was my first class and we headed down at 6pm to Stockton Beach.  I was a bit worried driving from work as the weather was a bit suspect, but the light and the clouds were perfect for shooting.






I had a great time on the course (thanks Mark) learnt some new things and really excited that what I was doing was right - I was so worried that I was doing everything wrong, so great to know that I was on the right track.

Photos were taken with my 18-55mm kit lens - I have lens envy at the moment as I had a little play with Mark's Sigma 10-20mm lens - going to have to save up for that one.

They have been edited in Lightroom - I will post some before and after's in another post. I found some new tricks today that I am pretty excited about.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos. Woke up last night and remembered you had done this on Tues and forgot to ask you how it went! Don't you just love the beaches up here? Can't wait to see the before and afters. xx

    ReplyDelete